Parallel or Serial Bridge?

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to water cool my 7970's, and I was wondering which is the best way to go? Parallel or Serial? I plan on getting some sort of EK block, along with a 120x2 rad and MCP655 pump. Which one will get me better cooling? Thanks

I recommend against using EK blocks. Since you have a 655 pump, you would benefit better from a parallel setup.

I recommend against using EK blocks. Since you have a 655 pump, you would benefit better from a parallel setup.

Reason's why you are against? Availability is one of the reason why I may be getting an EK block.

Nickel plating quality issues and poor customer service.

Second on the parallel connection.

Parallel connection has less restriction.

Second on the parallel connection.

Parallel connection has less restriction.

But also less flow-rate through each block. Thus, if you have a high presssure pump that can handle the restriction series works better, and if you have a low pressure pump with high flow rate parallel works better.

But also less flow-rate through each block. Thus, if you have a high presssure pump that can handle the restriction series works better, and if you have a low pressure pump with high flow rate parallel works better.

Word up. Thus 655 = parallel. :)

Are we sure series yields lower temps though?

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for all of your reply's......today i picked up a 780, so I will not be keeping my 7970's. I will keep this thread open in the mean time....great info for anyone else looking :cool:

Back