*Panic!*

TechHead

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 12, 2001
Messages
3,870
Oh no, I've done it again I was formatting my Iriver H140 using Swissknife, it was taking waaay too long.. about 45 minutes and it wasn't done. So I cancelled the process, and now the 140 isn't booting up at all! Obviously it's an incomplete format, so it isn't recognising the HDD (I think). What can I do? Reset doesn't help, the player just refuses to come on...
Help!!

Called up my hardware guy, he says that if we remove the HDD, he can reformat it at his end.. will this work?
 
I guess you can try to reformat it, pretty sure it uses FAT32. I just had to RMA my iHP-140 because the hdd got damaged because I dropped it. Customer Service was ample, took a while to get a response from my original RMA request. But once I sent mine in the mail, it only took 3 or 4 days to get a replacement.

So, if worse comes to worse the RMA option isn't a very painful one. Just have to live without it for a few days.
 
Atreides82 said:
I guess you can try to reformat it, pretty sure it uses FAT32. I just had to RMA my iHP-140 because the hdd got damaged because I dropped it. Customer Service was ample, took a while to get a response from my original RMA request. But once I sent mine in the mail, it only took 3 or 4 days to get a replacement.

So, if worse comes to worse the RMA option isn't a very painful one. Just have to live without it for a few days.
Can't RMA mine.. no iRiver in India! It's a grey market item here. Anyway, the format idea ought to work, right?
 
If the format is successful, then yes, it'd work. The iRivers use a regular FAT32 file system (as has been stated).
 
Back
Top