pandemic laptop recommendations

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
Without going into details (because I really can't), I am going to be considered an essential worker should this pandemic get much worse. I suspect that we may find ourselves isolated in a hotel or something just to keep us healthy. Nothing official yet, but I can see what could be coming.

With that in mind, I need to keep my sanity. A gaming laptop while I can still get one might be a good investment. Read that as while I am still able to get one.

I'm not so much looking for a particular brand or model, but what hardware I should try to seek out. I'm not looking for a top end machine by any means but something that can play a good lot of games would be nice. I'm happy without the newest titles - nothing much worth playing yet except doom and I can wait for that.

Do consider that this is a temporary item for me. I'm far happier on my desktop so when this is all over I'll probably sell it.

Thanks guys. Weird one I know, but seems to be the times we live in now.

Some cheap desktop replacement that focuses on cooling. Also, get an external monitor and use an external keyboard if you can; cheap laptop keyboards are usually trash, as are the panels.

Also, focus on maxing the GPU in addition to cooling. Cooling is what limits performance the most.

Back