Panda Antivirus Software?

wslandry

n00b
I just uninstalled Panda Antivirus software from my system because it just kept messing with my two Spyware programs. I have Ewido and Webroot plus Netscape has there own included virus software. My mail client is Microsoft 2003 and I have the settings to only except email from my contacts list and the rest to the junk mail folder. My question is if I'm very careful not to open any email with an attachment that I don't know who it is from, do I need a virus software program? I had problems a few years back with Norton being such a system hog. Any advice or comments would be great! I don't post very often because the level of talent & knowledge on this forum is pretty overwhelming for a novice like myself.

Dimension 4700 Dell
Pentium 4 Processor HT Technology
(3.00 GHz, 800 FSB)
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400 MZx (2X512M)
128MB PCI Express x16(DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE
80 GB (7200RPM)
XP Home Edition
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/RW) w/double layer write capability
Integrated Intel PRO 10/100 Ethernet
56K PCI Telephony Modem
Digital Music- 30 Watt Stereo Spks w/Subwoofer, Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
19” Ultra Sharp Flat Screen Monitor
Intel(R) 537EP V9x DFV PCI Modem
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
DSL connection by AT&T

Start by running only the following:

Spybot
Ad-Aware
Ewido
AntiVir Free
Spyware Blaster

Uninstall everything else including Webroot and Netscape's Viri software. Then install the above and update them all. Run full checks with all of them except Spyware Blaster because you can't but with Spyware Blaster make sure all protection in enabled after updates that is. Immunize with Spybot and you should be set.

Back