Panasonic Viera TH-50PX60U

phaelinx

Gawd
I got a Panasonic Plasma in a bundled pallet at this auction warehouse.. when I opened the box for the tv, I noticed that the black glass pane between the actual screen and the glass cover is shattered.. it looks like a new one can just be swapped in it's place..

Is it possible to repair this? can that black pane be replaced and it works?

I looked online and see this TV goes for over $2400 bucks, I got it free so I dont mind spending $500 bucks or so to repair it..

Here's a pic,

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/sniffs/6061cd5f.jpg

The question is does it function? Behind the glass, do you see a picture? If the answer is no, then I would say the cost involved in fixing it going to be high - too high. Also, the current model, superior in every way - the 50PZ85U, goes for about $1400 online.

You are misled if you believe this TV is worth 2400$. I paid 950$ for this TV about 14 months ago. I got a better deal than most seeing how my salesman was my friend on his last week at his job and it was open box, but yes, definitely not worth that much.

Sorry, I meant when it originally sold a few years ago.. most of the reviews and places that sold it listed it between $1500-$2700..

If the TV works, all you have to do is take it apart and clean out all that glass.

Back