Panaflows the best fan to get for my CPU?

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I'm currently looking for a good fan for my CPU, and I've been hearing alot of people raving about Panflows. Are these pretty much the best cooling fans on the market?

Which model should I get? I dont want anything too loud. I mean some noise is tolerable but nothing that sounds like a loud jet.

A lot of people use the 80 MM Panaflo L1A becuase it is pretty much silent and still pushes a pretty good amount of air. There is also the Panaflo M1A and H1A that are the medium and high flow models, respectively. Panaflo makes really good fans, but there are a bunch that work well when they are put on a fan controller. Vantec Stealth's are also pretty quiet and there's one other company that makes insanely quiet fans (like 14dB) but I can't remember the name. Papst is also a good manufacturer, though you pay for the quality.

If I were you I'd get either the L1A if you don't need that much cooling, or a M1A on a fan controller if you need the extra CFM's at times.

SilenX fans ;) silenx.com, i'm waiting on chappy to give us his feedback, i may also jump on the bandwagon.

flip

from what i've heard, they're pretty quiet and they move a good deal of air. (not quite as much as the tornados) however if u want a quiet air solution, panaflow's are the way to go. personally i chose the tornado cuz it's got more airflow and just got a fan controller to keep it quiet when it's unneeded

you know, there is middle ground between a hideously loud vortex of doom from a tornado and the quiet, moderate airflow from a panaflo. Also, the replacement for the L1A panaflo is the 12L, if that helps you find it any easier. As far as I know they are pretty much exactly the same.

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
you know, there is middle ground between a hideously loud vortex of doom from a tornado and the quiet, moderate airflow from a panaflo. Also, the replacement for the L1A panaflo is the 12L, if that helps you find it any easier. As far as I know they are pretty much exactly the same.

Apparenly the 12L lasts a little longer and a is a tiny bit quieter, so so I'm told.

I have a vantec Stealth 92 mm. at max, 1600 rpm~, it is dead silent. But it doesnt really push that much air that I hoped for. Your choice, performance or silent

Get the panaflo h1a, pushes a lot of air and is very quiet, if it is to loud for you then 5 or 7 volt it, or attach it to a rheobus

Just wondering... but where can you purchase them? Newegg doesnt have them and some other site which I dont remember doesnt have them

These panflo's are pretty cheap for CPU fans? I thought the would be more pricey.

Are these fans the same as the case fans?

If I understand you correctly, yes the panaflo case fans are what we are recommending you put on your heatsink.

The price at svc is very good, shop around, usually they are 10ish.

For example frozencpu sells them for 10

This may be an important question, what heatsink do you currently have?

Originally posted by baldyguy
These panflo's are pretty cheap for CPU fans? I thought the would be more pricey.

Are these fans the same as the case fans?
yes, cpu FANS and case FANS are the same thing
in the end, they are just FANS
its just the heatsink that u slap it on that makes the difference in the end
so make sure u couple a good panaflow with a good thermalright :D

Back