Panaflo L1A - 12v or 7v?

jnick

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
2,888
I recieved my Panaflo L1A from Jab-Tech, with a 3-pin tail, however, there are only 2 wires, a red and a black. IIRC, I thought there had to be a yellow wire to indicate the fan will be running 12 volts, or am I misunderstanding something?
 
jnick said:
I recieved my Panaflo L1A from Jab-Tech, with a 3-pin tail, however, there are only 2 wires, a red and a black. IIRC, I thought there had to be a yellow wire to indicate the fan will be running 12 volts, or am I misunderstanding something?

the other wire is a fan speed control wire which the panaflo's do not have. the 3-pin connector is just so people can connect it to a mobo connector.
 
r_a_s88 said:
the other wire is a fan speed control wire which the panaflo's do not have. the 3-pin connector is just so people can connect it to a mobo connector.

Bingo. Just let your motherboard regulate the fan speed :)
 
Heh, I knew it didn't have an RPM monitor. I just always thought Yellow = 12V.

Thanks for the clarification.
 
Than can somebody explain this?



The fan on the left i mine, the fan on the right is my dads. Both were ordered from Jab-Tech. They are the SAME MODEL, and every single character on the labels match. As you can see the one on the right has no yellow cable, the one on the left does.

Can someone please explain what the difference is so I know whether to RMA it for a replacement.

Thank you.
 
does it really matter... tach output is useless.. what you feel for cfm/see for temps and what you hear is what matters ;)

oh btw... panaflo's come stock with bare wires... you can unplug those wires and replace them with whatever you desire... just buy a wire with tach and put it on if you really need it

as far as i know the 120mm model of the panaflo's dont even have a tach output... i think jab-tech simply just ran out of the two wire plugs
 
jnick said:
Than can somebody explain this?



The fan on the left i mine, the fan on the right is my dads. Both were ordered from Jab-Tech. They are the SAME MODEL, and every single character on the labels match. As you can see the one on the right has no yellow cable, the one on the left does.

Can someone please explain what the difference is so I know whether to RMA it for a replacement.

Thank you.

panaflos have a few models per each model :)
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Panasonic/Web data/FBA,FCB,FAL Fan Specs.pdf
see page 2

D
 
.:sigh:.

Once again, I'm only asking as when I looked this up online, I was led to believe yellow wire = 12V. I WANT my fan running 12V (for now at least).

Also, I know panaflo's have different models. BUT these are the EXACT same models, ordered from the exact same place, using the exact same link, not to mention, the model numbers on the fan are the EXACT same. This is why I was confused.

L1A = No RPM monitoring
L1BX = RPM monitoring

Being both were L1A's, I would think they should have the right wiring. However, if you're saying it'll run at 12V, that's all that matters.
 
jnick said:
.:sigh:.

Once again, I'm only asking as when I looked this up online, I was led to believe yellow wire = 12V. I WANT my fan running 12V (for now at least).

Also, I know panaflo's have different models. BUT these are the EXACT same models, ordered from the exact same place, using the exact same link, not to mention, the model numbers on the fan are the EXACT same. This is why I was confused.

L1A = No RPM monitoring
L1BX = RPM monitoring

Being both were L1A's, I would think they should have the right wiring. However, if you're saying it'll run at 12V, that's all that matters.

I have 8 pana fans, all have red and black wires, but they all run on 12v, dont worry about the color of the cable

so when you ordered both said l1a ? but one came with 3 wires and one with 2 ? prolly the store just ran out of 2 pin wires and included a 3pin, panas come without a tail and usually its the stores who adds the tail

D
 
Can you tell whether the yellow wire connects to anything on the fan side? I'm willing to bet that it's just there, and doesn't actually connect to anything.
 
Oline61 said:
Can you tell whether the yellow wire connects to anything on the fan side? I'm willing to bet that it's just there, and doesn't actually connect to anything.

no no, it will
panas even without a fan monitor still have 3 leads so its hard to tell if there is something for the 3rd wire to do or not

D
 
Back
Top