• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Panaflo CPU Fan

Requiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
208
I just bought this Panaflo to use as a fan for my XP-90. Unfortunately, the fan doesn't apparrently have a speed controller, so my motherboard freaks out every time I start the computer, and the fan is quite loud at full speed. Is there any way I could possibly fix this problem other than ordering a new fan with a speed control?
 
Yes ordering a new fan with a speed controller could fix the problem.

You could also buy a fan controller to slow down the Panaflo, although your motherboard will still freak although you should be able to turn the freak off in the BIOS.
 
Yes disable the CPU fan detection in the bios, and buy something like a Zalman Fanmate to slow down that Panaflo. 92mm Panaflo's are crazy loud over 2400rpm.
 
I have a CoolDrive 4 I got for $12, but if I connect the Panaflo to it, it doesn't even detect the fan. If I could get it to control the fan, then I wouldn't need to buy another fan.
 
i love panaflo fans for their durability and long lif.

only the Bx versions have RPM monitoring.

if i were in your position, i would try re-wiring the fan for 5 V opperation and seeing if that would give you aceptable temps and noise.

if that is too htr-running for you......running the fan at 7V is also an option, however it requires that you check the draw of other hardware on the 5 V rain.
 
DFI Daishi said:
however it requires that you check the draw of other hardware on the 5 V rain.
A low-draw fan should be pretty negligible. I'd run a Fanmate to slow down the fan.
 
If I just wanted to buy a new fan with a speed controller, what fan would you suggest?
 
Panaflo fans are great but they now carry the "NMB" bran. I am using them since a couple of years and they have always been great. I usually pass over the "U" variant (Ultra) for their high noise. Right now, I am using the Medium version and it does the job really nice. Make sure as they other said that you have a BX version for RPM sensing.

Para
 
Back
Top