Palm Pre Release

Peteman100

[H]ard|Gawd
For those who have been waiting for it, it's looking like the Palm Pre is going to be release June 7th. Not confirmed yet, but its coming from some high-quality leaks! :D

I hope the Pre is as good as the hype. If not, Palm is in big trouble.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I checked out some videos today and this device is actually looking pretty amazing. It makes me proud of what palm is doing with their device and disappointed with WM 6.5. I mean webos just looks SOOOO much cleaner. I know it will be at least another year before WinMo looks that clean, if ever...

i really don't have many problems with wm6.1. it get the job done at least

ill wait until i get a pre for under $200. it might be awhile....

i really don't have many problems with wm6.1. it get the job done at least

ill wait until i get a pre for under $200. it might be awhile....

if palm is smart, it should come out of the blocks under $200 subsidized if they don't want to die to the iPhone.

I've done better than see videos... I saw it live and (briefly) held it at CTIA. :)

This really is the closest anyone has gotten to producing something as intuitive and flexible to use as an iPhone, and while it won't be a gaming platform, it does do real multitasking. There's nothing I want quite so badly as to play Internet radio in the background, and the Pre not only lets you do that but lets you invoke the basic controls without having to even switch apps.

If there's a gripe, it's that the keyboard may be a bit too small, but then I wasn't allowed to type -- just put my thumbs on it.

If you're on Sprint or want something iPhone-like but with more freedom for apps (and something more exciting than Android), I'd definitely line up to get a Pre.

if palm is smart, it should come out of the blocks under $200 subsidized if they don't want to die to the iPhone.

If Palm was smart, they would have included an SD card slot. The lack of really turned me off to buying one... I'll have to wait to see what new phone are coming out in the next year.

Freakyhair, I'm pretty sure it comes with a MicroSD slot just like some of their past devices.

As far as playing Internet radio in the background, I can do with with Ptunes on my Centro. It sucks battery life like an SUV sucks up 87 octane though.

I'm really excited to see what Palm does with this WebOS. It certainly does look just as slick at the IphoneOS IMO.

Yea I'm looking into this one too. I'm eligible for a discount on an upgrade June 1 and my Bday is June 8. At the moment I'm stuck with a winmo HTC Touch and its just gets bloated and freezes up over time just like a Win XP PC. The interface looks very intuitive and I hope that Palm isnt goin to be stingy with updates to continue to fine tune it. As we all know the first version of a platform may look promising at first but will have some quirks when ppl actually own it (case in point Android). Even if Palm does a half decent job on this it will still beat out any other phone Sprint has to offer at the moment.

its just a phone

I understand, if you really want a lot of memory, get a separate mp3 player, but that's the point. I want all in one.

I'm still considering it, I was just disappointed it didn't have more.

Back