Painting insides of computer case with can of paint and brush?

fx9

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if anyone has painted the insides of their case with a paintbrush instead of spraypaint. I've seen many modders only use spray paint (primer first then coat of paint). I have never seen anyone use can of primer and a can of paint armed with just a simple paintbrush. Anyone used a paintbrush?

I'm looking to paint the inside of my CM590 not for aesthetic reasons but for protection from the harsh elements. I live in florida and I'm right next to the Atlantic ocean so the humidity and salt in the air rusted my last Thermaltake Lanbox case which was SECC steel. The CM590 is SECC as well so this time I'm protecting it.

I would post pictures of that rust bucket but I tossed it out. Its bad to leave your window open all the time when you live next to the ocean.

If you don't care what it looks like... :( But man, that will be super ghetto on the inside. Using a brush will also leave the paint much thicker in some areas than others. It will also run into areas you can't get to, (behind cages, etc.) and there will be areas you can't get to at all with the paint. I think even dipping it in very thin paint and doing several coats would be better than painting it with a brush.

I live right by the ocean too in fl. well .25 miles away. the shell for my 3 year old generator has rust in the corner that ate right through it. if you're keeping your windows open, get a dehumidifer.

Painting with a brush will work fine. For rust protection, you don't really need to paint it, just a good rustproofing primer will do.

The trick is learning how to paint with a brush so that you don't get uneven paint, streaks, bristles in the paint etc.

you're better of with a spray paint instead of using brush and it'll be cheaper too. no brush to buy and you don't want to use those cheap brush cuz like what everyone say it'll look like getto.

why would you want to use a brush... random?

anyways, just use a clearcoat or something to seal the existing factory paintjob in so there won't be any rust

or just wax it... wax'll make the existing paint shine like crazy

its to hot in florida to not use AC... haha

also i agree with everyone... get a spray can it will help with reaching hard to reach places

Back