• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Painting an ammo case

Hinokagutsuchi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
371
This technically isn't a casemodding question; however, there are a lot of casemods that deal with ammo cases, so I guess that makes it semi-related.

I have two ammo cases and they're a little rusted. For most things that would mean removing the rust with sand paper or naval jelly, then painting. Herein lies my problem and question. I want to repaint the entire case, so I know I should sand down the paint a little, apply a metal primer, and paint, but there are hinges and other moving parts that are attached. What can you guys recommend doing to paint these cases, including the moving parts?

Just for info, one is a first-aid box and the other is an ammo case. The ammo case just has "Green Riot HD[or HO]" written on it with a yellow marker/chalk.
 
Perhaps using a chemical to strip the paint or a quick sandblasting session? Then use an airbrush/spray can on those hard to reach areas.
 
Thanks, but my real problem is with painting the moving parts. Is there anything special I have to do? Any tips for painting the joints?

Also, I was looking at the ammo can and the top rubs against the bottom. What problems will this cause when I get it painted? I'm guessing that the paint will rub off there, which means I should bend the sides of the top.
 
to keep it from rubbing off if it is in contact alot of the time, i actually dip a (clean) rag in wood wax for your floor, and smear it everywhere in circular motions. Then do you best with another rag to remove any 'chunks' of wax and other thick areas. This is all done over 5 or 6 clear coats.
 
Back
Top