• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

painting a x-qpack

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
4,776
Do you think I can paint the inside of one? or is the metal treated so I can't paint it? thanks
 
Just rough up the surface with some sandpaper and use some paint with flex additive and I think you'll be OK. You could always go the better route and have someone powder coat or color anodize it.
 
MassiveOverkill said:
Just rough up the surface with some sandpaper and use some paint with flex additive and I think you'll be OK. You could always go the better route and have someone powder coat or color anodize it.

Yeah powder coat or anodizing it would work best but, I am poor :p
 
paint sticks to it fine. No real need to sand and prime it.

but just make sure you dont scratch the paint or $#@!$!#@
 
I suggest not painting...everything in there comes out so when you put it back i will probably scratch the paint..such as the HD cage and the mobo tray.
 
Steeeeve said:
I suggest not painting...everything in there comes out so when you put it back i will probably scratch the paint..such as the HD cage and the mobo tray.
hmmm good point hehe. Well, Ill decide when I get it. Perhaps I should have it anodized, anyone knows how much it costs?
 
you don't see much of it anyway...If you wanna paint certain areas, then that would be ok..
 
I wanted to cover my windows, and I was thinking about painting the inside, but I ended up using colored cling film, like they make window decals out of. It worked pretty well, and it peels right off if I want to change it.
 
Back
Top