painting a x-qpack

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
Do you think I can paint the inside of one? or is the metal treated so I can't paint it? thanks

Just rough up the surface with some sandpaper and use some paint with flex additive and I think you'll be OK. You could always go the better route and have someone powder coat or color anodize it.

MassiveOverkill said:
Just rough up the surface with some sandpaper and use some paint with flex additive and I think you'll be OK. You could always go the better route and have someone powder coat or color anodize it.

Yeah powder coat or anodizing it would work best but, I am poor :p

paint sticks to it fine. No real need to sand and prime it.

but just make sure you dont scratch the paint or $#@!$!#@

I suggest not painting...everything in there comes out so when you put it back i will probably scratch the paint..such as the HD cage and the mobo tray.

Steeeeve said:
I suggest not painting...everything in there comes out so when you put it back i will probably scratch the paint..such as the HD cage and the mobo tray.
hmmm good point hehe. Well, Ill decide when I get it. Perhaps I should have it anodized, anyone knows how much it costs?

you don't see much of it anyway...If you wanna paint certain areas, then that would be ok..

I wanted to cover my windows, and I was thinking about painting the inside, but I ended up using colored cling film, like they make window decals out of. It worked pretty well, and it peels right off if I want to change it.

Back