painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

jvinsepa

n00b
I posted another thread in the "case modding" forum, and I finally did it... I painted the inside of my case in a dark blue color.

I actually had it painted, and I'm not sure of the exact process they used, but it seems durable.

Lights off and UV on (with flash):
DSC01345.jpg

Lights on with side panel:
DSC01344.jpg

Lights on without side panel:
DSC01342.jpg

Closeup of one of my glossy ultra fans:
DSC01343.jpg

And my desktop with a sony 19" XBRITE LCD from another thread:
DSC01339.jpg

I went from an antec 1080 case with dual 80mm fans in the back and an 80mm on the side to this with 120mm on the front and back and 92mm on the side. The PSU also have a 120mm fan on the bottom, when it was smaller on my old PSU.

I've noticed my GPU temps have risen substantially, so I'm going to get a Vantec Spectrum fan card to try and help with that.

DarkMonkey said:
With such a sexy shade of blue he doesn't need to manage his wires.

Yea now I just have to sleeve the rest of the ugly red/yellow/black wires that didn't come sleeved with the stuff I bought from frozencpu. Should have bought everything there and had em sleeve everything... but - live and learn.

workin on the wires... I just got it back this week, and haven't had much time. I did have all my wires hidden on my old case

No props from me.

Paying someone to do your own work < doing it yourself

nice paint job i like it but this little voice keeps telling me to scream THE WIRES WHY THE HUMANITY sorry it just come out sometimes but clean them cables up man then it would be sick theres a fine line between nice and SICK usually cable managment

Back