Painted my G5 tonight

EET

Limp Gawd
I read the article some time ago that was floating around about that Nokia screen/G5 mod, and he painted his, so I thought I'd try it on mine (but black to match, no silver/blue here :p). Didn't take long (probably 2 1/2 hours) since I have a defunct G5 sitting in pieces (not physically broken, just doesn't work), so I wouldn't be out a mouse while I was doing it...

Primer
DSC06527-1.jpg

Side by side
DSC06529-1.jpg

Finished
DSC06530-1.jpg

I just figured I'd post it for some feedback :)

i´d recommend to u to put a layer of clear coat on top of that

The black looks MUCH better imo, unless I'm just used to the silver/black of my MX500.

Also, I see a finger print on the bottom picture on the bottom of the light. :p

Neat i guess, although i find the G5 'stock' colors a lot less gay than i did before. Maybe i'll spray paint my altec lancing speakers, they are white and all the rest of my system is BLaCK!

Matching my setup is part of the reason I wanted to paint mine, plus I didn't really like the colors. Someday I'm gonna do some searchin' to see who's painted their G15, I'd like to paint the silver part something besides silver. It'll probably just be black too. If I ever build a custom aluminum case (probably won't go for the LCD monitor side mod like I originally planned), I'll probably go ahead & take my ViewSonic VX910 apart and paint the silver parts of the frame black.

Back