Painted entire system

I have the same monitor that you have, and would like to know how you got the "PHILIPS" logo off of the front before painting and how did you remount it???

hey yo, was ur keyboard originally black or white? cuz if it was white then how did u paint the letters on it? :confused:

nerdawg4 said:
you have guts I do not have, I would mess something up.

Fear of messing up never stopped me.

nofearofmessingup.jpg

nice and clean. excellent job

the color redminds me of those old acer systems

Pagan Wizard said:
I have the same monitor that you have, and would like to know how you got the "PHILIPS" logo off of the front before painting and how did you remount it???

I used a very tiny flat head screwdriver and got it between the lettering and loosened it all around. There is a notch on the back of the logo and a hold on the monitor face that it fits into. I put a little glue on that and set it back into place.

JanCzechGuy said:
hey yo, was ur keyboard originally black or white? cuz if it was white then how did u paint the letters on it? :confused:

It was white. I used silver dry transfers as described in my original post.

AdamK47 said:
I used a very tiny flat head screwdriver and got it between the lettering and loosened it all around. There is a notch on the back of the logo and a hold on the monitor face that it fits into. I put a little glue on that and set it back into place.

:cool: Thanks for the info :D

the keyboard job makes my pants tight

in any case the whole thing is fantatic. good job :)

Now that is cool. Great attention to detail, I can't believe those parts were chalk white at one point in time. :D

Edit the location to the pics. I got a new job in Cincinnati and have a different Internet provider.

Wow....
This proves yet again, a quality "mod" is not always windows, fans, lights, and all the bells an whistles.... super clean, I like it.

beer.gif

lol have the same keyboard and monitor.. thats a damn good job you did with everything. Bravo

Best paintjob I've seen. Ever. It even beats the mirror finish paintjobs. Did you have to do each letter individually?

paladin0 said:
awesome job, it looks like your stuff came that way its so good.

I'll 2nd that, very sexy job. I'll be sending you my stuff for painting too ;-)

AdamK47 said:
Not just the case, but the monitor, keyboard, speakers, trackball, and drives.

picture1.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture4.jpg

picture5.jpg

picture6.jpg

picture8.jpg

picture10.jpg

picture11.jpg

picture12.jpg

It's a color called twilight blue. It's so dark that in low light it looks black. It took almost 2 gallons worth of primer, paint, and clear coat with a total of about $160. The hardest part was the keyboard. I used silver dry transfers for the lettering and a clear coat on the keys designed for model airplanes. It dries very hard and is durable. For the hand rest I used several very fine sprays of auto clear coat to create a gritty surface so that it's not smooth and my palm doesn't stick to it. It's similar to how most keyboards are molded to begin with. For all of the parts for the system I used a couple layers of pimer and sanded with 600 grit sandpaper in between coats if needed. After that I put 3 to 4 coats of twilight blue paint on. Let that dry for a day and then put about 3 to 6 coats of clear coat on. After two weeks of starting it I was done.
I like the work you do.. :D

Excellent job dude. Like they said before, if you had pics form before, it would have blown everyone away to an even greater extent.

I have been wanting to do that to my keyboard, thanks for the tips. Excellent work too.

I haven't been to wal-mart or Autozone in a while, does the color you used still get stocked? Cuase I want a color that matches my LCD and that looks to be the right color.

Back