PainKiller "alt" ending Qs

Jbirney

Gawd
Folks,

I have been way behind my games, trying to catach up and play the new ones. I JUST finnished PainKiller. Thought about getting the BOOH as I enjoyed PK. But I understand the if you replay it on the hardest difficulty you get to see another ending. Since my time is limited and with all the new games out very soon, I really really doubt I would have time to reply this one to see the other ending... do you know a way to play that with out going through replaying the game (I know it defets the purpose) or was there anything missing from the story???

Sorry, I played hard to get to an unlocked level only available that way. Like 3/4 through. Got to fugging hard for me. I ended up going back a bit with the "normal" difficulty, an older save I had, to finish it.

Btw, Battle Out of Hell isn't as good. There is a few quality levels from what i've read, and it holds true in my experience so far. The first level is a nice creepy orphanage, the next levels don't top. My main reason to post. Also, the story seemed continuos to me jumping into BoH. He's after Allister or whatever, not very interested in his ol' maiden in distress he killed in that car crash, seemingly content battling in Hell.

Jbirney said:
Folks,

I have been way behind my games, trying to catach up and play the new ones. I JUST finnished PainKiller. Thought about getting the BOOH as I enjoyed PK. But I understand the if you replay it on the hardest difficulty you get to see another ending. Since my time is limited and with all the new games out very soon, I really really doubt I would have time to reply this one to see the other ending... do you know a way to play that with out going through replaying the game (I know it defets the purpose) or was there anything missing from the story???

Only two differences.

1.) A level (or maybe a few, can't remember) is only unlockable there.

2.) Extra 10 second cutscene at the ending, which makes no sense, there would be no BOOH if that really happened. You can download a video player and watch that cutscene. I hope you didn't play through the end just to see that clip. My own expression was "EH? THAT'S IT?!" o_0

"Bink and Smacker" is a popular video format, i found out about the alternate ending in PoP:WarriorWithin after messing around with it :D

Sly said:
Only two differences.

1.) A level (or maybe a few, can't remember) is only unlockable there.

2.) Extra 10 second cutscene at the ending, which makes no sense, there would be no BOOH if that really happened. You can download a video player and watch that cutscene. I hope you didn't play through the end just to see that clip. My own expression was "EH? THAT'S IT?!" o_0

"Bink and Smacker" is a popular video format, i found out about the alternate ending in PoP:WarriorWithin after messing around with it :D

Sly,

I saw some of the BIK....your suggesting that using google to find the player and then I can enjoy 10 extr sec? Hmmm sure glad I did not spend the time replay it for that (not that PK is a bad game...just we have SS2, FEAR, Q4, COD2, BIA:EIB all out this month..too many to play at once :) Thanks!

Jbirney said:
Sly,

I saw some of the BIK....your suggesting that using google to find the player and then I can enjoy 10 extr sec? Hmmm sure glad I did not spend the time replay it for that (not that PK is a bad game...just we have SS2, FEAR, Q4, COD2, BIA:EIB all out this month..too many to play at once :) Thanks!

Heh. I did the same thing. Love Painkiller and playing Booh (On hold right now) but I didn't feel like playing again to see another ending...usually tha tway for me with alternate endings :p

Downloaded a bink player. Saw it. prefered it with the "downer" ending which left it open for BooH. I think BooH is pretty cool so far. I think i just got out of the City of the Dead. The carnival was neet.

Back