Paging HTC fans: HTC orders take down of ROM websites

Umm... how are user comments proof that the study is biased?

Don't like the result? Well, interview 100000 people.

One thing clear from the report is that Verizon customers are satisfied with their devices.

I didn't say they were proof of anything. But some of their points are still valid. You just can't post those graphs here with the Atrix HD and Rezound on the list (ahead of the iPhone and Note 2 no less) and expect them to be taken seriously, lol.

I didn't say they were proof of anything. But some of their points are still valid. You just can't post those graphs here with the Atrix HD and Rezound on the list (ahead of the iPhone and Note 2 no less) and expect them to be taken seriously, lol.

In the same vein, measured statistics don't automatically lose credibility because the data doesn't fit the preconceived popular opinion. What the charts are missing for a more comprehensive picture is the number of users polled per device, most recent previous device, and how much they paid.

$700 from a 4S to a 5 vs. $100 from a flip phone to an Atrix.

Those types of details can skew results.

well i am never going back to HTC unless they release something game changing (doubt that will ever happen) now looking into Samsung or Apple from here out.

In the same vein, measured statistics don't automatically lose credibility because the data doesn't fit the preconceived popular opinion. What the charts are missing for a more comprehensive picture is the number of users polled per device, most recent previous device, and how much they paid.

$700 from a 4S to a 5 vs. $100 from a flip phone to an Atrix.

Those types of details can skew results.
another thing that skews the result are carriers. The iPhone 5 and Note 2 are on multiple carriers. I would kind of like to see how those score on Verizon alone. Basically, did Sprint's lack of 4G and poor indoor reception hurt those devices?

And for that reason, I'd take the UK study to be the more credible one because those devices are distributed more openly.

I can totally believe that the One X is the greatest phone of 2012. The "value index" of that phone is high.

Last edited:
Back