• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

Your optical drive is lame.

2012-05-23%2018.23.21%20(Medium).jpg

USB FTW.

That is all:)

You see that antenna right there ? on that SONICWALL!,, you know where you can shove that right ?

LOL!

How u get the iso to usb tho scoots ?

Uh, I dont think thats a sonicwall, isnt that the fort?

lol.Nice box Scotty, but now I have found pfsense and I kind of love it. Though now im not running anything.

Uh, I dont think thats a sonicwall, isnt that the fort?

lol.Nice box Scotty, but now I have found pfsense and I kind of love it. Though now im not running anything.

Should have used a 2.5" to save on heat :)

Thats pretty cool. Although after trying lots of firewall distros I have to say my 5505 is by far the best firewall I have used.

Yeah the box with antennas is a fortiwifi.

Show me a study that a 2.5 will save heat over the 3.5 Also out of the box this has no mounting holes for a 2.5 and this is for a project so I am not going to jimmy rig it. I've got my eye on another intel/atom board I'd like to use at the house but there are no performance issues whatsoever on my sempron untangle box.

Love the computer art in the background on the wall. Good stuff. I actually have the reaminaing peices from my first every PC build framed in a shadowbox. One of the first LGA775 MSI motherbords, a Pentium 4, and an ATI 9800GT Video card

I keep various parts on my desk...when the end (l)users come over to my desk, they admire the stuff and look confused :D

Yeah the box with antennas is a fortiwifi.

Show me a study that a 2.5 will save heat over the 3.5 Also out of the box this has no mounting holes for a 2.5 and this is for a project so I am not going to jimmy rig it. I've got my eye on another intel/atom board I'd like to use at the house but there are no performance issues whatsoever on my sempron untangle box.

heat from a 2.5 to a 3.5 do i really have to get you proof ?

I dont know that heat production, in this case, has as much to do with how it is removed from the case, and if it is a single drive, it really should not matter as far as I can tell.

Consider this machine as a server (If its business) will be in an air conditioned environment, and furthermore if its where scotty works, a business not admined by a nettard, and hence will be fine.

Just a random thought

I dont know that heat production, in this case, has as much to do with how it is removed from the case, and if it is a single drive, it really should not matter as far as I can tell.

Consider this machine as a server (If its business) will be in an air conditioned environment, and furthermore if its where scotty works, a business not admined by a nettard, and hence will be fine.

Just a random thought

I know of a friend that has this setup, and he's not really having any heat issues, but keeping the heat out of the box is something he wants to keep doing, we moved his 3.5" to a 2.5" and used a blower fan lrunning at 6v blowing air across the atom CPU and out the back, the unit is rock solid now, and thermally cooler...

a fan at someplace in the case would definitely be good, but why not simply put like an 80mm fan or something in near the board blowing over the board? As long as theres "a" fan removing heat from the main component area he should be fine in theory, its just an atom board.

a fan at someplace in the case would definitely be good, but why not simply put like an 80mm fan or something in near the board blowing over the board? As long as theres "a" fan removing heat from the main component area he should be fine in theory, its just an atom board.

That's what i just said silly :) I use a blower fan ...

41v1I6Wyy6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

then put stand off's on it, so it's not flush with the bottom, so it can suck air in through the bottom of the fan. I make resistor cables that plug into the psu convert 12V to 6v's ISH depending on the type of fan, and push air over the board. In one case we used 2 40x40x40 fans with custom shields ( thin plexy glass ) one over the hdd, and one was over the board.

This system is STILL runing till this day, and its OLD too..

Hey I got that exact Supermicro server, well at least the case part. :p I use it for my hvac control and eventually network/environmental monitoring.

I usually use the management interface and load an ISO through there for OS install. The first time I did it I used a USB cdrom drive. Did not even realize it had a management interface till later. Nice little server.

For fan what I did is I added a 9000rpm 60mm one on the back, turned out the vibration caused the drive to stop working, so I put it on the 5v rail. It's quiet too, and still moves some air. The psu has it's own fan but left alone it would not remove from the component area. Dash, where do you find those blower fans? They look like they would work nice for high static pressure situations.

Hey I got that exact Supermicro server, well at least the case part. :p I use it for my hvac control and eventually network/environmental monitoring.

I usually use the management interface and load an ISO through there for OS install. The first time I did it I used a USB cdrom drive. Did not even realize it had a management interface till later. Nice little server.

For fan what I did is I added a 9000rpm 60mm one on the back, turned out the vibration caused the drive to stop working, so I put it on the 5v rail. It's quiet too, and still moves some air. The psu has it's own fan but left alone it would not remove from the component area. Dash, where do you find those blower fans? They look like they would work nice for high static pressure situations.

they work perfectly for moving air, because at full RPM they move HUGE MASSIVE amounts of air, that's why I use them. Low voltage, they still move good air.

Back