Packaging a full system for shipment.. Help please.

mattjbak

Gawd
Would the case box be sufficient? It's a lian li v1200 plus, the internals would remain installed. If not what else should I do?

Thanks!

Grab another bigger box and chuck padding all around it or better yet read some of [H] reviews to find out what some of the best computer boutiques do when it comes to packaging their systems.

mattjbak said:
Would the case box be sufficient? It's a lian li v1200 plus, the internals would remain installed. If not what else should I do?

Thanks!

Double box it for sure. leave 2-3 inches of bubbles between the boxes. make sure everything inside the case is fastened very well

Well first, pack the insides of the pc with bubble wrap so nothing gets loose. Put it in the case box, fill up the gaps with those air packaging's, or peanuts, whichever. Seal, double box, repeat.

Id suggest getting some Cardkeepers, and try to get somethign around the HSF so its not held on by JUST the motherboard. Double Box w/ 2-3" in between, Wrap the inner box in bubble wrap.

I agree with the above, make sure you pack the inside with something to help support the hsf, and the cards as well. Double box for sure.

mattjbak said:

Thanks!

READ THIS THREAD:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1109441

and look at the pictures on page 2.

Don't end up like him... maybe take the heat sync completely out and put it somewhere else. That could be too much weight and break the mobo standoffs.

Would it be possible for you to take out the heat sink, and maybe the graphics card? Those are generally the two biggest items, so they're the most likely to have something happen to them.

And if you have any critical data on the hard drive, you should make sure you have backups (or not even send it with the system, optimally). ;)

How much did your system cost? Now ask yourself this: would you be willing to deal with getting the parts replaced should something bad happen? If not, just take it apart and ship them in their individual boxes. You could throw those individual boxes into a bigger box, but this would insure the best protection of your components during transit.

if you have the cheapie mobo standoffs in your case, then I wouldnt ship it with the mobo installed, lol. If you have stronger standoffs, then you might be ok. Again, the best protection for your parts would be to take the system apart.

Back