Pacific Drive

Seeing many complain about that on Steam. Apparently design wise the dev's have said they can't save out in a zone because the game doesn't track all that is out there for a save state or something like that.
which is basically pillow talk for "we don't understand coding and Unreal Engine well enough to create save states for large maps" :rolleyes:

anyway, despite the save annoyance, i'm really enjoying this game. if you find it persnickety, just stick with it - you'll start whizzing through menus and slapping stuff on your car with ease.

also, pro tip: buy the unlock for crafting summer tires (or the tool that lets you remove parts from car wrecks without breaking them and pull summer tires off them) and put 4 of them on your car ASAP. driving with a spare on feels like shit and will jerk the steering randomly. as soon as you have 4 summer tires (in good shape, not flat or damaged) the car is actually fun to drive and feels like an actual driving game (to a degree.)

So giving this a go tonight. KB&M or Controller?

My vote would be controller especially for the driving
It's not like it's a shooter that requires precise headshotting

Eh, they did a good job for controller, but i'd use a mouse. Mostly because of the inventory stuff.

Gonna give KB&M a shot first and see how it goes.

Easy enough playing with KB&M. I can see how that makes it much easier to navigate the somewhat "complex" menu system. Not bad for driving, not good, but not the first time either.

I have all the video settings turned up to 100%/Ultra, and with this 7900 XTX it is keeping me above 60FPS. Lowest I think I have seen is 63. Textures seem a bit flat in terms of artwork however.

They just released a big patch that supposedly improves performance on the higher settings. Although it's not a particularly demanding game to begin with.

They just released a big patch that supposedly improves performance on the higher settings. Although it's not a particularly demanding game to begin with.
I am playing at 4K as well, might put that out there.

I had just got back to the garage after my intro mission. Thanks for the heads up, as it was perfect stopping place to grab the update. Will see if it changes anything for me.

Jeez, 18GB patch...

Worth a mention for you NV guys.

"Current DLSS implementation can sometimes reduce performance instead of improve it for certain NVIDIA GPUs when playing at lower resolutions."

Just bought it. At a launch price of $29.99 + 10% off, I can't not support this. Waiting for it to go on sale any further will literally only save a few dollars - I'd rather jump in and start the adventure. Something about this just ticks a lot of boxes for me.

I'm sure the main thing people will harp on is the save system but from everything I'm reading if you can get past that, there's a very immersive and creepy (I've seen the words 'amazing' and 'brilliant' floating around) game here. Be a real shame to miss out due to that. I get that it's not ideal, so I'll just plan on not diving into a session unless I have the next half hour to an hour available and if something happens, oh well. I've had to leave games paused before when I didn't want to lose progress.

Just bought it. At a launch price of $29.99 + 10% off, I can't not support this. Waiting for it to go on sale any further will literally only save a few dollars - I'd rather jump in and start the adventure. Something about this just ticks a lot of boxes for me.

I'm sure the main thing people will harp on is the save system but from everything I'm reading if you can get past that, there's a very immersive and creepy (I've seen the words 'amazing' and 'brilliant' floating around) game here. Be a real shame to miss out due to that. I get that it's not ideal, so I'll just plan on not diving into a session unless I have the next half hour to an hour available and if something happens, oh well. I've had to leave games paused before when I didn't want to lose progress.
Yeah leaving it on pause shouldn't be that big of deal.
Not like it was when I was on my 5th run through of MG on the NES, and would leave it paused all day while I was at school, and only to come home and find the screen dead on the old 25" floor console RCA. :mad:

hey hey, she's startin' to look like a car!

Pacific Drive   2_23_2024 8_07_55 PM.png

I can't find any more chemicals to make repair putty out of. Made a trip into town and got zero. :(

OK, couple hours in....WTF is this game?

Automechanic Survival in a government experiment gone wrong environment.

Feel lucky that changing the catalytic converter isn't required. :ROFLMAO:

Back