• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PA 120.2 or .3?

MadAsHeck

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
227
After seeing this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123872 I have been inspired to do something similar. My current WC setup is a Lian Li 1200IIB with a PA 120.2 mounted externally to the top of the case. I was wondering if the PA 120.2 is up to the task of cooling a C2D OC'd to around 3.5 (or whatever I can get it to) and a 8800 GTS (once I can find a freegin water block for it) and also possibly in the future another 8800 GTS.
 
After seeing this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123872 I have been inspired to do something similar. My current WC setup is a Lian Li 1200IIB with a PA 120.2 mounted externally to the top of the case. I was wondering if the PA 120.2 is up to the task of cooling a C2D OC'd to around 3.5 (or whatever I can get it to) and a 8800 GTS (once I can find a freegin water block for it) and also possibly in the future another 8800 GTS.

a PA120.2 will handle anything. anything.
 
If the 120.2 can handle it then no need for me to get the 120.3 since I already have the 120.2+fangrill+ shroud.
 
How to find out...

1) Get the Heat Dissipation graph for the PA120.2 from here: http://www.thermochill.com/PATesting/ and use 1.5gpm as flowrate.
2) Put the CPU and GPU ONLY into the Extreme PSU Calculator here: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. Knock 38 off the total it gives you, then add 18 to it. That's your heatload.

Now, look up the left axis of the graph til you get to your heatload. Follow it across to the right til it hits a curve. That's the minimum fan requirement to cool that heatload.
 
With the PA 120.2 do you get the best performance w/ 4 fans, 2 push 2 pull? or 2 in push, or 2 in pull? Also, high CFM or low?
 
Back
Top