• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PA 120.2 includes screws?

JAK

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
68
Hi. I just got a thermochill PA120.2 In the instructions,it talks about 'the included screws'. I was wondering where everyone found these screws,I can't seem to find them in the box the rad came in. I know it sounds dumb, but I want to know if I need to go out and buy screws now, and if so, what kind should I buy. Thanks.
 
My PA120.3 did not come with screws. I tapped the rad for M4 threaded screws anyways.
 
Ok,it helps to know that it may not have been intended to come with screws. In that case,what type of screws do I need to buy for it? I believe I remember hearing that they are 1.25 in long,but I'm not sure about the specs.
 
The ones that are supposed to come with the PA series are self tappers. The holes are not threaded.
 
Hi. I know they are self-tapping. I'm pretty sure mine didn't come with any screws,I've checked everywhere inside the box. What size/type should I buy from a hardware store?
 
If you ordered it straight from Thermochill they sometimes tape the bag to the bubble wrap. Make sure you check there. Thats where mine was on the 120.3
 
If you ordered it straight from Thermochill they sometimes tape the bag to the bubble wrap. Make sure you check there. Thats where mine was on the 120.3

+1, mine is tapped to the bubble wrap and I had to shake everything to notice this. They include self-tapping screws in both lengths.

For a cleaner look, it's better to toss them out and buy a 6-32 tap set along with 6-32 screws of the right length so you don't puncture the core.

 
Well,they wern't taped to the bubble wrap. What lengts should I buy? Just the ones mentioned in the instruction sheet?
 
Well,they wern't taped to the bubble wrap. What lengts should I buy? Just the ones mentioned in the instruction sheet?

my 120.2 and 120.3 both did not come with screws although it says they are supposed to in the instruction book. But I moutned with zipties because it's super easy to clip them off to remove it.
 
Mine came with screws (enough for just one side, for non-flanged fans)

M3.5 if I recall correctly

As for figuring out what length to buy, just stack a fan on top of the rad, and measure with a ruler.
 
I recently had to buy some screws for my PA120.3 since it didn't come with enough for how I wanted to mount it. Went to Home Depot and bought #6 sheet metal screws and they worked. The length of the screws it came with is 1/2", but be careful because you could puncture the rad using that length while going through something thin, like the side of a case.
 
I just bought a rad from Mountain Mods and it did come with screws. I was hoping for the black screws like last time.

Here are some black and stainless 1.25" screws from Petra. As the poster above did, I am sure you can find these at HomeDepot. ;)

Black and Stainless ThermoChill Screws
 
Here is a pic of what should have come with your rad.

Note the shipped screws are 1/2" in length.

ttscrewss005.jpg
 
Back
Top