Hello,
Suddenly my board just went bad:
There are no overclocking options for the CPU (multi won't go higher than 34 for the 2600K) any more and I also cannot set XMP-mode for my RAM - doing that, there is no post.
It could also be the CPU, but something is giving me the feeling it is the mainboard. What do you think?
And what did I try to "revive" it:
- BIOS flashback to current version and one older version
- battery out and PSU disconnect, for about 30min
- jumper CMOS reset
- took everything apart, put the mobo onto the table (in the open), and running it like that now
Running it stock and RAM at 1066 is OK, I can boot into windows without a problem.
I have been thinking about the Skylake-Upgrade, as I want to change to microATX at the same time, but it couldn't have came at the worse time - months until Skylake is in Europe, and most likely will be way too expensive, only maybe at Christmas will prices drop. Not sure I want to wait that long with a crippled computer.
Is there anything else I can do to revive my board to work properly?
Suddenly my board just went bad:
There are no overclocking options for the CPU (multi won't go higher than 34 for the 2600K) any more and I also cannot set XMP-mode for my RAM - doing that, there is no post.
It could also be the CPU, but something is giving me the feeling it is the mainboard. What do you think?
And what did I try to "revive" it:
- BIOS flashback to current version and one older version
- battery out and PSU disconnect, for about 30min
- jumper CMOS reset
- took everything apart, put the mobo onto the table (in the open), and running it like that now
Running it stock and RAM at 1066 is OK, I can boot into windows without a problem.
I have been thinking about the Skylake-Upgrade, as I want to change to microATX at the same time, but it couldn't have came at the worse time - months until Skylake is in Europe, and most likely will be way too expensive, only maybe at Christmas will prices drop. Not sure I want to wait that long with a crippled computer.
Is there anything else I can do to revive my board to work properly?