P8P76 question

gesicht

Gawd
i just picked up a 2500k and P8P67 pro. the issue i am having is i get the multi to go any higher then 33. it came with bios 0402, i looked around on the net seem higher beta bios and my bios didn't look like the one in the review so i updated to the newest beta bios 1053. this bios makes more sense but, no matter what i set the multi to in the bios it boots up at 33. my first boot i set it to 44 x 100 just to see if it would boot. it did but, at 33x100. adjusted the bus just to test to see if settings where being saved. set it to 103 rebooted boots up 33x103. ok, set it to 35x100 save reboot, shows up at 33x100, so just the multi wont change. so installed the OC software figured i would give it a try. it does it's thing reboots a few times, and gets stuck in a loop reboot before post. it showed it had the multi up to 42 in windows before it got stuck.

i tried having the TPU switch off( default ) and with it on. it just seems like it is a non K series but shows up as 2500k bios and windows.

i have antec earthwatts 650 psu and only a gtx460 and the psu has been working with my other cpu/mobo/ram. have a cosair A70 on it. temps in bios are 27-30C in windows realtemp the didn't go over 50c while folding.

anyone got any ideas, or know what i am missing.

i tried the OC software again, it was going though stability tests for 20 minutes, i stopped it and rebooted and it booted up at 40x. so it is running at 4ghz now. this is the first time i have seen POST over 33x. i didn't mess with it and just let it fold overnight. i still dont know what is different to let it boot up over 33x.

this modern bios UI is a pain in the ass. i would prefer classic bios, never had so many problems.

wow so apparently the bios doesn't show the overclock.. turns out i was overclocking it.

also so far i learned

LLC high was phase control extreme let me hit 4.5. the vcore didn't matter if i adjusted still would not make it in to windows but those 2 settings got me going at default vcore.

If I understood what I read about P67 and SB, the multiplier adjustment only applies to the Turbo mode feature, the system will still start up at its stock clocks, but then switch to the appropriate turbo multiplier once it's up and running.

well that makes sense now ryan. i am just use to seeing the overclock in the bios. i also must have missed in that in my reading. thanks clears a lot of things up hahah.

I have P8P67 PRO aswell and it did ship with the "crappy" BIOS that Kyle talked about.
Which isn't even a official shipping BIOS from Asus.

My 2500K ran @ 3900MHz as Turbo speed when it should be 3700MHz.

I updated the BIOS to 1003 and it was detected and worked as it should.

Now I am @ 4.6GHz, can't get any higher.
CPU_Z.PNG

I have P8P67 PRO aswell and it did ship with the "crappy" BIOS that Kyle talked about.

CPU_Z.PNG

Try updating to 1053. I heard it helps for higher overclocks.

CPU_Z.PNG
What heatsink are you using?

Back