p8p67 pro wont boot windows

ckybam69

n00b
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
4
I took the drive from my previous am2+ build and didnt change anything just thought it would boot and require new chipset drivers. Unfortunately the drive wont boot.

I get windows stop error 0x000007b which is a hard drive problem. Any ideas how I can get the chipset drivers on the drive so I can use it without having to reinstall everything? I can access the drive from my laptop.
 
It was probably running in IDE mode on the other board. In order to get into Windows, you would have to do a registry fix but you would have bad to of done it with the old setup prior.

I would simply reformat and start anew. Make sure you backup all of your files beforehand.
 
It was probably running in IDE mode on the other board. In order to get into Windows, you would have to do a registry fix but you would have bad to of done it with the old setup prior.

I would simply reformat and start anew. Make sure you backup all of your files beforehand.

well I tried booting it on 3 diff comps so whatever it is its not happening. I am backing up as we speak lol
 
Back
Top