P8101 is now mainstream -bigadv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Just read over at FF that p8101 is now on general -bigadv release.:eek:

I'm guessing that our EVGA overtake is going to take a little longer:mad:

It gets even better - the normal -bigadv server has been on the fritz all day:(

EDIT:- Having just looked at the team stats i think the stats server may be down as well

Edit 2: - Its not, but it looks like EOC may be having so trouble, i've posted points on the 3pm update but the 3pm update isshowing 0

Last edited:
For a high end 4p G34 (>2.7 GHz), it is a 225K - 250K ppd decrease.

whoa, we're looking at a 1/4 mill decrease? Wow

Funny how everytime we get less than a year from EVGA these things happen lol, this is like the third time in a row now...

Everybody seems to be having a drop on EOC tho, although we are clearly leading that drop with over 10 mil ppd gone now

whoa, we're looking at a 1/4 mill decrease? Wow

Funny how everytime we get less than a year from EVGA these things happen lol, this is like the third time in a row now...

Everybody seems to be having a drop on EOC tho, although we are clearly leading that drop with over 10 mil ppd gone now

Well at least everyone will be taking in @ss with the 8101 WUs. Then again it is for the science :shrug:

Watch your overclocked rigs closely on these....

They are the bane of overclocks the evil twin of the 2684...

it pulls more power, will more than likely require more volts to the CPUs

damn it, just grabbed one, so much for luck lol

it pulls more power, will more than likely require more volts to the CPUs

Full load is full load right? I am pretty sure there not instructions that require more voltage to process than others. So why would these WU require more power/voltage to process?

Full load is full load right? I am pretty sure there not instructions that require more voltage to process than others. So why would these WU require more power/voltage to process?

Probably in the same way that Prime95 and Intel Burn Test can both max out your CPU to 100%, yet the CPU might crash on one but not the other.

Wow, so far I've gone from about 390k before today to getting about 245k right now.

Holy shit thats 145k PPD drop, over 1/3 of my production gone

Wow, so far I've gone from about 390k before today to getting about 245k right now.

Holy shit thats 145k PPD drop, over 1/3 of my production gone
770k ppd on 6903/4
477k on these

Just watch your temps mine have gone up an avg of 8C they are also harder to run and some of us that were sitting on the edge of the proverbial cliff will have to lower our OC's a little. Do not forget that tear has warned us all along that heat can greatly affect the OC ability. If you are like me it most likley will affect it. I have already had to lower the OC on i rig by 2. :mad: Or take other measures. :D

Oh no I remember running these. 160k vs a 6903 at 230k on my 4p 6128.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1673006
Thanks for the permission Patriot.
kSxBs.png

Just lost 70k on one of my rigs- it is now longer -bigadv capable:(

Anyone seen any cheap x5675's around?

I reckon the team will lose ~6million PPD from the change

Preferred Deadline (days) 2.4

So no bonus points if you cannot make it within 2.4 days

for reference, my 4P (48 cores at 1.9 Ghz) will take about 29 hours start to finish to do these

Not sure what it would be on 2P but just so you guys have a frame of reference, I've got probly one of the slowest 4P's here

On my 4P

6903 - tpf~12:30, preferred: 5 days, final deadline: 12 days, credit: 22706, k: 38.05
8101 - tpf~12:00, preferred: 2.4 days, final deadline: 4 days, credit 22607, k: 49.43

If the final deadline of 8101 increases to 8 days then the PPD between the two are more comparable.

I picked up one of these with the 4P last night. TPF are definitely around the 6903 WU. Temps are basically the same as 6904/6903/6901 WUs:

Node 0 C0:42
Node 1 C0:42
Node 2 C0:40
Node 3 C0:38
Node 4 C0:46
Node 5 C0:45
Node 6 C0:44
Node 7 C0:44

Crap, my 1P Gulftown won't be able to make the preferred deadline on those for sure! It sure is an interesting day where a 6-core 3.33Ghz Gulftown is too slow!

I might have to setup some linux on my SnB-E box, I wonder if it would be able to cut those deadlines.

Crap, my 1P Gulftown won't be able to make the preferred deadline on those for sure! It sure is an interesting day where a 6-core 3.33Ghz Gulftown is too slow!

I might have to setup some linux on my SnB-E box, I wonder if it would be able to cut those deadlines.

Doubt it, you need 16 threads for 8101. And please donot suggest the core hack

A thought for those with the fastest rigs? Is your PPD better on SMP??

The SMP, and -bigadv curves have relatively the same shape. The SMP curve is just shifted back a bit. In most cases for the same machine 6903/6904 will be about 2.5x more points than SMP, and 6901 will be about 2x more points than SMP

Its the same flag though, which means you will get 8101 too.

8101 is a 16 thread unit. It will not get assigned to a machine that dectects 12 threads. 6903/4 are still 12 thread units, and 6900/6901 are still 8 thread units.

A thought for those with the fastest rigs? Is your PPD better on SMP??

Nathan for me there is not a straight forward answer to this question. Clock for Clock these will return about 30% more than an avg smp, but the problem arises in the fact that I have to lower my OC to run these. I have had to lower my OC by 2 on 1 rig and 3 on the other so far one rig hard locked and lost 2hrs folding time and who knows what I will find when I get home this evening.

I am experiencing an 8C increase in temps with these over smp of 6901 / 6904 wu's so by the time I get done folding these who knows what the outcome will be. The last 1 I did a couple of weeks ago I would have made more PPD if I would have folded a smp wu if you factor in the down time and the lowering of the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back