P6T (not deluxe) sleep issue

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Anyone else out there having an issue using the sleep function with this board?

My issue seems to be that after a few sleep/wake up cycles the computer will no longer come back to life when it's asleep yet the power comes back on like everything is ok. It's not the OS messing up either.

My only option is to turn the machine off completely and hold delete when I turn it on. I then get the normal BIOS message saying there was something wrong.

I enter hte bios and all my settings are still the same, save, exit and the PC is fine again as long as it is running.

I'm not even sure how many cycles of this take place before it happens but it seems to happen every few days (PC is asleep over night)

It's a known issue with all Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte's X58 boards.

So far no one has found a fix yet.

It's a known issue with all Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte's X58 boards.

So far no one has found a fix yet.

QFT. My ASUS P6T WS Pro suffers from this really annoying freaking problem too. I used sleep all the time until now.

Some report not having the issue, but I think they're the definite minority.

I've had the Gigabyte Extreme as well as the ASUS P6T Deluxe and both have this problem. Many others have reported the same issue. On the Giga, it didn't work period - ever.

On the P6T, it works for me below BLCK 170. Above that, it's a no go.

Pretty annoying problem but it seems to be spread across many/all of the X58 boards so we just have to ride it out.

my BLCK is 185 and it works like 50/50 I guess. I hope this fix this in a bios update. I would hate to have to start just shutting thing off and my wife won't let it run 24/7 anymore as it uses too much power.

Anyone know if this issue affects non-overclockers? What about Intel's Smackover board, does it show the issue as well?

Back