P6T Delux vs EVGA 758

DeathbyPutz

Limp Gawd
I'm putting together an i7 build, and I'm planning on overclocking a 920 to 4.0 on air. I'm having a tough time deciding on a motherboard. With unlimited funds, I'd just go overkill and get a classified and be done with it.

I was looking at the P6T Delux v2 (or P6TD Delux... same price, no difference in specs... not sure what the extra "D" gets me), or the EVGA E758-A1. They're both pretty comparably priced, and the features seem pretty much the same.

I plan on 2-way SLI or Crossfire (my bank account will probably never support 3-way, but perhaps 2-way + physics), and this is going into a HAF932. I mentioned the case because I saw a review that said that the smart fan controller on the EVGA might not work well with the 932.

I've also seen mentions of a BIOS issue with ASUS motherboards lowering the multiplier when the CPU is under load.

Just wondering what the [H]ard|Gawds here had to say.

I just ordered the mobo in my rig yesterday. I am in the same boat as you, but I chose mine because of the layout and great overclocking ability, plus evga has been known for great updates and functionality. Either way, its a good choice, both are great boards.

Both are good boards, you probably won't go wrong with either of them.

The EVGA 758 has been a great board for me. Lots of OC, gaming, tweaks, water, and it is stable as hell.

Just bought the E758 but can't comment yet - waiting for ram:(. All I see are happy people and great comments. As said though , can't go wrong either way.

Back