Become a Patron!

P67 motherboard S3 sleep wake up problem when o/c

Discussion in 'Intel MoBos' started by harbin, Jan 17, 2011.

1. harbin

harbin Gawd

So far, have tried 2 P67 boards. None of them works good when waking up from S3 sleep while the system is o/ced. ASUS P8P67 and Asrock Extreme4.

Can you guys with other mobo comment on this?

Thanks

2. kandor

kandor Gawd

Same here, as soon as I oc'd, trying to resume from sleep results in a black screen. Sometimes, after I power off / on it will resume, other times it says 'windows did not shutdown correctly'. It's too bad because it was working great before

3. The Mac

The Mac [H]ardness Supreme

its a known issue...intel is working on the problem

4. wesleys_dad

wesleys_dad [H]ard|Gawd

id notify the tech support for the affected boards and they will pass the info on to the bios team..hard to say if its a chipset or bios issue...ive had sleep issues with boards before and it was always solved with updated bios...just a thought....

5. zaxour

zaxour [H]ard|Gawd

Not a problem here, 4.5 GHz and I'm able to sleep the machine. However, when I had Spread Spectrum DISABLED, I was unable to reliably sleep my machine. When I re-enabled it, everything worked fine.

6. The Mac

the problem is caused by enabling pll overvoltage , which most people need over 4.5, if u can disable it, it should work provided nothing else odd is going on.

again, intel is working on a solution.

7. zaxour

zaxour [H]ard|Gawd

I also have PLL Overvoltage enabled, so I'm not sure that's universal.

8. The Mac

turn up your oc to 4.6 or 4.7, you'll have issues...

according to gary who says intel has told them, over 4.5+pll overvolt = erratic sleep

im sure ymmv though. probably depends on the chip binning.

spread spectrum is a new one though..i would think disabling it would help, not enabling it...lol

9. 123Lanoix

123Lanoix 2[H]4U

this doesn't make sense since i have PLL overvolt disabled and this was not an issue on my old p8p67 board

my only assumption is that its a bios issue with 1305 or its a memory issue but my memory has worked fine on the other board and do not get any BSOD. so i guess its really a bios issue since it does some weird power cycling coming out of sleep. Maybe gary can speak about this or talk about creating a fix or running some test.

10. aldamon

aldamon [H]ardness Supreme

I'm seeing this problem with my TP67B+ as well and of course PLL voltage override is enabled. Glad I'm not alone.

11. RipperMac

RipperMac Limp Gawd

No problems with msip67-gd65 (see sig)

12. Iching

Iching [H]ard|Gawd

Double boot issue, upping offset in BIOS and trying to exit causes a shutdown and an annoying "loop" problem. I am really disappointed with Asus. I am using latest BIOS 1502.

13. BlueAqua

BlueAqua Gawd

At 4.5 Ghz I don't have problems with sleep, however at 4.8 I run into issues. Back it down a bit if you want sleep ability.

14. yenniedn

yenniedn 2[H]4U

I had a GB b2 UD7 on 4.8 that slept and resumed without a hitch.

I moved the same 2600k to an Asus M-IV-E and not can't wake up from sleep at all. So I know the CPU's not the issue.

15. The Mac

There are plenty of people with asus boards with no sleep problems, also plenty WITH sleep problems...its a crap shoot...im sure youll find the same issue with Gigabyte boards as well. People who have issues are more likely to post than those without, so it seems like there is allot, but we dont really know how many dont have issues.

SInce Intel has admitted its a problem with the base level firmware of the Cougar Point chipset (not the Sandy Bridge CPU) we are at their whim for a solid fix.

16. Falkentyne

Falkentyne [H]ard|Gawd

Turn off CPU PLL Overvoltage. Or you mean you still have the problem with it disabled?
    Maybe "Auto" sometimes enables it?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  17. Spooony

Spooony 2[H]4U

can you give me the Asus mobo details and the AsRock mobo details please so I can provide you with a bios.

18. aldamon

aldamon [H]ardness Supreme

Blasphemy! I'll buy an SSD first.