P5W DH Dlx power issues

thenickmix

n00b
I'm a little vexxed by how my motherboard is acting...my system is built and works just fine powered up (E6600, 2GB Patriot DDR800, 7950GT, Raptor). When it's off and I push the power button, the fans spin up and lights turn on and whatnot, but there is no video, and about 6 seconds later it shuts off, and then turns back on by itself and boots no problem. Also, when I shut down through windows, the computer will shut off, and then a few seconds later it will boot back restart. Not a hard restart like when you hit the reset button, it actually shuts off for a few seconds and boots back up. One other weird thing, the power went off at my place the other day while my computer was off, and when power was restored, my computer booted itself up.

Is this just BIOS settings? Why is it acting so weird?

Update your bios. There's 1503 on the net you can download. Just google it.
That bios should take care of your problem. It did mine. ;)

Link, did you mean 1305? I think 1407 is out now and there is a beta ver on the asus site also. I haven't installed my mobo yet but the bios chio says 1305 on it. Hoepfully it will go smoothly.

no..I meant 1503. There's 1503 out there. Just google it, or look for a link on Hard Forum.

I have had this problem with the reset turning off and then on

I just reset my cmos and it cleared the problem

as for turning it self back on I wondering if its somthing to do with your USB ports? I had an external hard drive plugged into one of the top 2 USB ports on the board, I found this turned the system on on its own. Do you have a mouse or keyboard plugged into one of the top two USB slots?

There's probably an option for turning on the pc via usb port activity which can be disabled in the bios.

Back