P5Q won't detect DVD drive.

I just got done building my system. Vista-64bit

It is a P5Q Deluxe. I installed a DVD rewritable drive I had and it seemed to work fine for about 3 days. I have played COD4 on it and I have installed drivers on it. When I booted up this morning it didn't detect it.

When I go to device manager it says that the driver is corrupt or missing. I tried downloading a new driver, but this did not fix it. Wouldn't allow a roll-back for driver and it said the driver was fully updated...

Help please... I need it to install more drivers...

Have you tried uninstalling it in Device Manager? If you do that, the OS should redetect the drive and install the driver fresh. That might fix your issue.

i have the same issue with a system running vista...tryed all steps above and no joy...i also like some others that have solved this to chime in.....

Removed it in device manager and deleted driver info. I have NO idea... why it won't work now... I mean... I install vista with this drive...

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

It says this for any CD drive I put in... I am about to buy a new Blu-Ray Sata drive, and I have faith that will work... but I really wish that this would work in the meantime..

ALSO... Expressgate... DOES recognize the drive. So I am convinced this is a vista 64 issue.

This may sound crazy but check the SATA data cable. Make sure it hasn't come loose, and even if it wasn't loose, put a new one in.

also try downloading the drivers from the mfg site... maybe they have a updated version and or a 64bit version.. What bios are you using? Im using kets m1402 and having pretty good luck... oc'd to 3.5 with low temps and stable....

The cable is an IDE. The Device manager recognizes (as it should) the drive as an HP 300c DVD Writer. It is a factory part for the HP M370n Media Center Desktop. I went to HP M370N and downloaded the driver. Vista recognizes the driver as the newest version.

I am taking the IDE cable out to check it, ( I have damaged one before), but the IDE cable DOES work when I plug in HD's so I imagine it should be fine...

mobo bios version? Some of the guys were reporting problems similar to what your talking about with some of the early bios's... Though i forget where i read that-- extremeoc? hell i dont remember..

Bios Version 0605 6/3/08

:eek:DEAR LORD...:eek:
there have been 6 revisions!

I'm scared to pick one...I have read things about people really messing up with some of the newer bios...

End's up it was an issue with the OS. I went and deleted the lower filters for the drive and now both DVD drives work.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Back