P5Q-E AND Q9450 OC-3.9STABLE BEST BOARD EVER

NKD

[H]F Junkie
alright upgraded to asus p5q-e and slapped in my q9450 and I was pretty surprised with the OC results. I chip as a vid of 1.2375 but it overclocks like a monster, idle temps seem to be jacked up a little because my first core runs 13c higher than others but under load the differnce between highest core and the lowest core is 7c, my idle temps reported by realtemp are 41-29-32-32

and load temps are included in the screenshot, I have benched it stable at 3.8 with prime 95 running for 8 hours and than I stopped it, It required 1.2575v under load to be stable at 3.8, which is pretty good after seeing the most OC's on the net.

I bumped the core to 1.3375v in bios I believe, lol. with the voltage dampner enabled or whatever it is called It stays at 1.325v under load, it idles at 1.304v, so it boosts it a little under load. I will fine tune that later but for now here is a screen, so far almost an hour in. I really don't want to go any higher on the voltage, I try to keep my temps in the 60's the highest. I will try to squeeze the best megahertz with this voltage, any higher might require water cooling.

cooled with OCZ vendetta 2

39hourka9.jpg

I'm running the same (but watercooled) as my encoding server. It's great. I haven't tested the limits yet though since my ddr2 800 ram is holding me back.

crucial ballistix, 1066mhz, I got 3gb just enough for my vista 32bit.

Back