P5q deluxe problem?

issepower

n00b
So today I started to play Far Cry 3. Everytime after 5-10 minutes te game crashes and i hear the GPU (asus gtx570) restarting(fan spinning fast and then slower).

My Q8300 was overclocked so i thought it was maybe a bad overclock. I restarted my pc with cpu stock speeds and then windows alway got stuck at logo and crashed. My ram are 2x2gb G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.

I started to search what the actual problem was so I removed one of the DIMMs. Then Windows did boot. 2 Dimms are working but separatly.

Now should I RMA the motherboard or is the problem somewhere else?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I also resetted the CMOS, but nothing...

I would run memtest86+ before sending the board in. You don't typically expect freezes with bad RAM, but then bad RAM can run a pretty wide gamut of symptoms.

Have you tried putting the memory in slots 2 & 4 ? That is if you're currently using 1 & 3.

jime

If running the RAM in dual channel freezes the system and single channel does not freeze the system, I would suspect the memory controller in the motherboard being faulty.

I think bumping up the nb voltage from 1.4 to 1.5 did the trick. Just because that 0.1v

Weird no? My board is now definitely unstable right?

Back