Hey all,
I had a previous thread about this, but its pretty far back and I have all new information, so I thought it would be okay to start a new thread instead of resurrecting the old one.
The gist: I have a computer (see sig) that worked fine for 6 months then suddenly wouldn't post anymore. No errors or beeping and no signal being sent to the monitor. Just a blank screen. The mobo still seemed to be getting power, as the fans turn on. Suspecting it was the motherboard, I sent it in for RMA and Asus apparently replaced it with a new one as the serial number has changed. So, I get the new m/b, plug in the cpu (w/ heat sink), RAM, and video card, and get a similar problem.
First, I got an error beep. It is one long beep that does not break and is not followed by short beeps, it simply keeps going in one long beep until I power down the system. Still no video or anything. After some testing, this beeping seems to be tied to one of the RAM DIMMS. So, I remove that one DIMM, and try to boot with the other. The beeping goes away but I'm still stuck with the original problem; the computer does not post, there's no video signal, and I get no beeping from the system speaker.
Any ideas?
I don't have a spare cpu or video card lying around or else I imagine I would have narrowed it down by now. I've tested the PSU with a monitor and it seems to be functioning fine. Thanks in advance for any help you send along.
I had a previous thread about this, but its pretty far back and I have all new information, so I thought it would be okay to start a new thread instead of resurrecting the old one.
The gist: I have a computer (see sig) that worked fine for 6 months then suddenly wouldn't post anymore. No errors or beeping and no signal being sent to the monitor. Just a blank screen. The mobo still seemed to be getting power, as the fans turn on. Suspecting it was the motherboard, I sent it in for RMA and Asus apparently replaced it with a new one as the serial number has changed. So, I get the new m/b, plug in the cpu (w/ heat sink), RAM, and video card, and get a similar problem.
First, I got an error beep. It is one long beep that does not break and is not followed by short beeps, it simply keeps going in one long beep until I power down the system. Still no video or anything. After some testing, this beeping seems to be tied to one of the RAM DIMMS. So, I remove that one DIMM, and try to boot with the other. The beeping goes away but I'm still stuck with the original problem; the computer does not post, there's no video signal, and I get no beeping from the system speaker.
Any ideas?
I don't have a spare cpu or video card lying around or else I imagine I would have narrowed it down by now. I've tested the PSU with a monitor and it seems to be functioning fine. Thanks in advance for any help you send along.