• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P5N- SLI

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
So I have been slowly but surely looking for a budget core 2 duo setup. I don't want to spend too much money, but I also wanna get some decent.

I have heard about the 680i boards. But they seem to start off in the mid 100's.

Does this board look pretty decent for the price?
-P5N- SLI

If this isn't all that great, could you maybe link me or suggest a board for around or less than $100?

I will probably get a board and a 6300-6400 and then I wont upgrade again for a while. I am sure they will have 16-32 cores by the time I will be ready to upgrade again.

Thanks
swany
 
Its fine if you don't care about overclocking. Don't expect to get anything past about 310 front side bus. Mine was particularly good and hit 325, plenty of people had issues getting to or past 300.
 
Its fine if you don't care about overclocking. Don't expect to get anything past about 310 front side bus. Mine was particularly good and hit 325, plenty of people had issues getting to or past 300.

garbage


p5n-e sli

71 shipped as refurb from mwave

vdroop mod = easy
http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4450&s=12

35xs1.jpg
 
I'd personally go with the 650 ultra from evga or xfx over this board. Then you don't have to worry about any volt modding. Its about the same price after rebate. Or if for some reason you want SLI later the low end MSI board should work well.
 
I'd personally go with the 650 ultra from evga or xfx over this board. Then you don't have to worry about any volt modding. Its about the same price after rebate. Or if for some reason you want SLI later the low end MSI board should work well.

i bought a refurb so no warranty anyway i don't think = no worry vdroop mod
 
Mal you're running a P5N-E SLI right? He linked the P5N SLI, the P5N is based on the 570 chipset, not 650i.
 
i have a P5N-SLI in my work workstation, its ok i guess, its stable... but its pretty crappy for overclocking, and the network card is a piece of trash... after trasfering like a gig it will just lock up...

had to use a PCI gige card cause i got so frustrated with the onboard nic... and the drivers on the asus website are over 2 years old for the onboard nic! wtf?! then Marvell dosent have any drivers at all on their website... sigh
 
this mb is ok if you're not expecting to overclock it to the extreme. i have this with 6600 @ 2.98 and if i go over that it'll start locking up. but i'm still playing around with it hoping i'll get it at 3.0.
 
Back
Top