• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P5K (epu) and E8400

Putz

I have a custom title
2FA
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
5,586
Currently tunning an Asus P5k EPU and E8400 (3.0) @ 3.6 with a freezer 7 pro without any issues

my water kit should be here tomorrow and im hoping to hit 4ghz, i know theyll do more, but 4ghz seems to be reasonable without stability issues from what ive seen.

using 4x2gb (8 gb total) ddr2 1000 Gskill memory...
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26456&vpn=F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ&manufacture=G.SKILL
Any suggestions where to start? Im assuming 1.4v on the cpu and 2.1v on the memory

not sure what these settings are for but found them online which allowed me to hit 3.6
Set CPU GTLRef too .61,
FSB termination to 1.30
NB voltage to 1.40

Im only watercooling the CPU, the case is a well ventilated antec 900

the artic freezer 7 pro knocked off 12-14 deg C under load of the stock cooler but decided its time to play with water :)
 
With the P5K series I found it's best to leave as much as possible on default ;) Shouldn't have a problem getting 500 FSB.
 
will do some playing around once my h20 setup comes
 
I'm sure I'm being slow here, but I can't seem to find the FSB adjustment in the BIOS. I disabled the setting which cuts the multiplier to 6 when the CPU is idle, but I just can't find the othe adjustment.

Help!
 
I think that's the same RAM I've got. I'm running my E8400 at 4.0GHz with a bigger air cooler. I set my memory to 500MHz and my multiplier to x8 and manually set the memory timings to 5-5-5-15 since my MB would run it slower. Since it's been running so good at 4.0GHz I'm tempted to go for 4.5 but I don't really wanna push my luck.

I figure I could put the multiplier to x9 and if it didn't work then just drop it back to x8. No crazy voltages on air cooling.
 
So I found it, but it seems it doesn't like me very much. I really can seem to push it past 345. I know I'm on the stock cooler, but I've seen people get way higher than this.

E8400, P5k/ecu, OCZ platinum, Antec neopower 430, 8800gt 512, 2 hard drives.....

Any ideas? The temps aren't high; 31c (ish) at idle, 34c when I'm installing stuff....
 
Just be sure to take a vtt measure ment from the board if you leave it on auto. I heard in some instances it was defaulting to 1.53 on overclocked machines and the users never realized it.
 
So I found it, but it seems it doesn't like me very much. I really can seem to push it past 345.

345 FSB from BIOS settngs?

EPU is crap for OC. I uninstalled mine because it was unstable and caused randomn reboots at settings other them default.
 
I had my P5K EPU and e8400 @ 450 fsb just fine @ 1.3v before i upgraded
 
I had my P5K EPU and e8400 @ 450 fsb just fine @ 1.3v before i upgraded

Stock cooling? I haven't played with my RAM timings, maybe they need a bump in volts? It isn't the best RAM, but it shouldn't be dogging me this badly I wouldn't think...
 
just using a cheap freezer 7 pro

stocking cooling sucks for any type of overclock, even the intel fans get noisy trying to cool an overclocked chip, for stock speeds it s fine
 
Back
Top