• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P5K-E acting up?

gc86

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
670
Ok so my computer is pretty much on 24/7 so yesterday I decided to turn it off for a few hours while I was out getting dinner. I come back and turn it on but it doesn't post... it just powers up but does nothing, I reset the CMOS and still got the same result. I removed the battery over night and still no improvement. Whats going on? before this happened there was no sign of instability
 
Try to boot with just one stick of memory, swap the PSU, try it with the bare minimum and so on :(
Did you test properly the overclock that you've made before, or did you use some "Auto" voltages ?
 
that overclock has been used for monthes 24/7 with no problems and the voltages were tested using orthos

and yeah I found your thread and did some of the tips posted in there.. I have yet to swap out my ram for another brand... but I just cant understand why the motherboard wouldn't detect my ram if its been running fine for almost a year now (last black friday build)
 
Try swapping the PS with a known good power supply. My bet is one of the rails on the power supply died.
 
Back
Top