P5E-VM DO vs HDMI

Klinky

Limp Gawd
I am looking into upgrading to either the P5K-VM, P5E-VM DO or P5E-VM HDMI. However I am wondering if the P5E-VM HDMI has that great of an advantage over the DO version or the P5K-VM. I am mainly interested because the DO & P5K have 2 PCI slots vs the 1 PCI slot on the HDMI. I have two PCI devices(TV Tuner, fax modem) I am looking to bring over, although I might be able to chuck the modem into my server... Regardless, right now I am looking to need 2 PCI slots.

Is the P5K or DO at a disadvantage in anyway to the HDMI version in terms of overclocking/features(besides the onboard video/HDMI output which I won't be using)? If you had a choice, would you go for a mobo based on the G33 or Q35 chipset? They both look remarkably similar on Intel's website.

I'm currently using the P5E-VM Do in my SFF and its a decent board, im not using alot of its features, but its steady with my E6600 OC @ 3.4.

I'll be getting the P5E-VM HDMI soon though...

Does the P5E-VM DO have the same overclocking potential as the HDMI version? I looked at both boards and the motherboards look different.

Thanks.

I would also be interested in a comparison of the potential to OC these two boards.

Back