P5B-E wont restart correctly

Grentz

Fully [H]
Ok, I am having this trouble with my P5B-E and e6600.

When OCing my e6400 it always worked fine and restarted fine but I was using around 1.3875v and 400FSB.

Now, when I use my e6600 at say 1.4v and 320FSB I have no issues at all and the board when restarting switches off the power and then turns the power back on.

But!, when I go to say 400FSB and 1.48vCore, the board tries to do a soft restart where it does not totally turn off the machine and turn it back on, it just tries to restart without cutting off the power (like most mobos do to be fair), but then the machine hangs at a blank screen (no post, no nothing, its just blank). I then have to cut the power and turn to machine on again and it will boot fine (since it was a full totally off, then totally on restart).

So why is my board not doing a total off restart like it normally does when my vCore is pushed higher? Is this normal and is there any fix?

Thanks in advance, I really need some help on this one!

Ok, I am having this trouble with my P5B-E and e6600.

When OCing my e6400 it always worked fine and restarted fine but I was using around 1.3875v and 400FSB.

Now, when I use my e6600 at say 1.4v and 320FSB I have no issues at all and the board when restarting switches off the power and then turns the power back on.

But!, when I go to say 400FSB and 1.48vCore, the board tries to do a soft restart where it does not totally turn off the machine and turn it back on, it just tries to restart without cutting off the power (like most mobos do to be fair), but then the machine hangs at a blank screen (no post, no nothing, its just blank). I then have to cut the power and turn to machine on again and it will boot fine (since it was a full totally off, then totally on restart).

So why is my board not doing a total off restart like it normally does when my vCore is pushed higher? Is this normal and is there any fix?

Thanks in advance, I really need some help on this one!

First off. try 401 fsb not 400. and see if that helps. put vcore at 1.325

and on your e6600 why is your vcore so high? watch your temps. you dont need @ 1.48 for a 400 fsb.

try 401 Fsb 1.325 vcore (im assuming your multiplier is x8?)

Back