P5B-E max ram voltage?

EmilG

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
25
Guys,
I'm waiting for my mobo looking through the manual and it shows a max ram voltage setting of 2.1v, is this true or will it allow a higher setting and how?
Thanks
 
If you update the BIOS to ver. 1002, you can go over 2.1.

I know this because my RAM is operating at 2.15 as I write.
 
Someone mentioned revision 1.04G might have more Vdimm - apparently it doesn't work properly though. You'd have to have this revision.
 
If you update the BIOS to ver. 1002, you can go over 2.1.

I know this because my RAM is operating at 2.15 as I write.

I can only get 2.1v on my P5B-E and I have Bios 1002, any ideas why?

Does anyone know where the rev. is marked on the board? I'm wondering if I have a rev where the voltage won't go any higher?

Thanks
 
I can only get 2.1v on my P5B-E and I have Bios 1002, any ideas why?

Does anyone know where the rev. is marked on the board? I'm wondering if I have a rev where the voltage won't go any higher?

Thanks

Found it, it's a 1.01G rev which explains the 2.1v limitation :(.
Can't believe it, I just bought it a few weeks ago, the new rev has been out since last year and I get an old one!
Seems the Patriot ram I have needs > 2.1v to overclock. I read where guys have gotten 1187mhz out of it, I can't even get it to run 950. Oh well, I'm going to have to settle for 835mhz at 4-4-4-12.
 
Back
Top