P5B Deluxe Black Screen Issues.......

grinchy

Limp Gawd
Ok from what I have gathered people are still having problems with the p5b having black screen issues/computer is running (fans etc..) but still black screen...well I have 2 p5b's and you would not believe what I stumbled upon was my issue and it might be other peoples as well...like most of you I am sure that we all run DVI cables to our video cards yes? Well today when I got my new p5b I hooked everything up and powered it up and got black screen again...so I said *&%^%#@(()_)(%[email protected] later I hooked up my DFI-SLI DR setup and still got black screen....so I scratched my head and said...maybe I fubar'd my video card...so I tried my 6800gt video card...still black screen...so now I am like there is now way both vid cards are bad...so I pluged in a HP (POS) machine and got a regular VGA cable and hooked into my monitor and wow video finally posted...so then I was like well lemme try that again on my DFI setup and wow video...so then I rolled the dice and tried again on my CONROE setup and BAM I could see......guess the point to the story is if you are still experiencing bootup but no video try a VGA cable and use a VGA to DVI adapter snd see if that don't help...it certainly did me....I tell you all what I have been working on computers a long time and have never came across that type of problem....guess it's just something to remember when diagnosing black screen issues....

Back