vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
will there be such thing?

X38 - P35
X48 - P45
X58 - P55 ?

if so,when?

thanks !!

There will be, sometime next year. However, it will almost certainly be limited to the Lynnfield and Havendale chips coming out for LGA1160. There probably won't be a mainstream LGA1366 chipset.

hm, there seems to be two ways of reading this question, maybe the answer is the same for both..but..

I'm going to assume that he asked "is there going to be a mainstream chipset for the LGA1366 socket?" and you guys were answering "Is P55 coming and when?".

I'm curious as to the answer to the former.

hm, there seems to be two ways of reading this question, maybe the answer is the same for both..but..

I'm going to assume that he asked "is there going to be a mainstream chipset for the LGA1366 socket?" and you guys were answering "Is P55 coming and when?".

I'm curious as to the answer to the former.

you raise a valid point, the P45/35 : X48/38 shared the same EDIT: SOCKET, if the rumors are to be believed the P55:X58 will not so they will be different in that regard.

P55 / X58 will be similar in that both are for nehalem, but the external connections (and thus CPU socket pincounts) are different. Thus the difference. X58 is essentially a single socket server chipset. P55 is a desktop/mobile chipset.

P55 IS coming, release date Q3/H2 '09, for the i5 CPU line.

Back