P4P800-Deluxe How do you set the memory divider?

rally9x

[H]ard|Gawd
This is driving me nuts. I can't find were in the bios on a p4p800's memory divider. When I OC I leave it set to run the memory at the fsb I oc to but then when I look at cpuz it says I'm suddenly running at not 1:1. Does anyone know how to force this to be 1:1 on this board? Is this the right forum for this or is this a motherboard question?

I have that board and I dont think you can set the divider. You can manualy set the RAM speed and then it will figure out the closest divider from there.

Sounds like something is set to auto that you don't want to be. My memory on my ABIT does that when set to SPD.

If I remember right you have to set "configure DRAM timing by spd" to manual, you do not have to set your memory timings it will run at whats on that screen. spd = serial presence detect, my understanding of this means the mainboard is going to detect the ram and set it to the rams reported speed? page 84 in the manual .Then I think a set my memory speed to auto. I think I also turned of AI overclock, think it tries to tune everything for stability.Wish I was at home I could go into my bios an tell you what I set at. I have the E-Deluxe version not sure of the bios differences.

Unless I'm mistaken:
Advanced > JumperFree Configuration > turn "AI Overclock Tuner to Manual" > CPU External Frequency

400 would be 1:1
320 would be 5:4
etc.

Am I wrong? I'm doing the math here, and I can't seem to make sense of it. However, I swear I used to have it set to 320 and it increased my CPU speed by 25% (which would make sense for 5:4), as it made my 2.4 run at 3.0.

However, now I can not get it to run at this speed, and I can not figure out why. I've tried EVERYTHING. :confused:

Yeah but what if I have the fsb at 425? then I want the memory at 425.

It will be....

I set mine to 320, which made the processor run at 3.0 from 2.4GHz. Then I bumped the FSB up a few MHz and it went over 3.1GHz.

However, it wont work for me now. I'm still getting the same temps. I have the same voltage settings, everything is the same except for a S-ATA HD I added. Is there any chance that is destroying the overclock? It's really frustrating. I can't overclock the FSB more than 10MHz before it refuses to POST. And then I can't change the ratio anymore either. I don't know what's going on. Same BIOS as before. The BIOS is 1009, the version that shipped with my particular mobo. Should I try updating that to see if it changes anything?

Back