• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P4C800-E owners, I need your help!

Parabellum

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
1,895
Hello,

I have my P4 setup assembled since last week and I am trying to overclock my CPU. For unknown reason, I am not able to let the memory in synch with the FSB. If I set my FSB at 225MHz, my memory automatically switch to 150MHz, which is a ratio of 3:2. How do I set manually the FSB:RAM ratio? And what is the option "performance option". I can set it to auto, turbo and other things. It says it can improve performance but what does it do in reality?

Thanks for your help.

Para
 
Its in the BIOS. Make sure its not on AUTO and set it to whatever you want it at.
 
The Asus P4C800-E is slightly different than other mobos like Abit in regard to the Memory dividers.

Just remember the memory dividers are:
400=1:1
320=5:4
266=3:2
 
Eh, thanks for the infos. I was wondering what was that 320MHz DRAM frequency.. Well, I don't understand why my system crashes as soon as I set the DRAM at 210MHz and up. I tested this memory at 220MHz on a NF7-S. I don't understand why the P4C800-E is not able to run my memory in synch with the FSB. This is sad.

I will try further testing.

Thanks

Para
 
Well, it appears that my memory is not able to go higher than 206MHz on this motherboard. I don't know if it is the motherboard or the memory, or maybe a combination of both responsible for this. I do know that my memory is able to go higher than 206MHz as I have tested it on my previous setup. It was an NF7-S with a 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ (2200MHz) at 10 X 220MHz. It was totally stable back then. I have tried to up the voltage with no luck.

I have successfully overclocked that P4 to 227FSB; so it was set to 3405MHz with no problem.

I just don't understand why I am not able to go higher. I am somewhat disappointed as I chose this memory for the tighter timing and I was expecting to set the ratio FSB/DRAM to 1:1. If I set my CPU back at 3405MHz, I am forced to use the 5:4 divider, at best. But my memory work at a whooping 180MHz :(

Anyway, I don't know better memory than this aside the Mushkin Level II. I like those cool leds on that Pro Series memory. I think I will give a try to their XMS4000 :rolleyes:

Para
 
Back
Top