P4C800-E Deluxe and 4 Sticks of DDR problem

For some reason when I run dual channel with 2 sticks "Performance mode" on the ram is enabled, but when I fill up all four, "performance Mode" gets disabled. It's still dual channel, but CPU-Z lists the memory "performance mode" as disabled now. What's up with that? It's cut my Sandra bandwith by about 100-200 when I thought adding another 512 (to make a full gig) would help the memory bandwidth. Any tips/suggestions?

Jinx Twitchyboo said:
For some reason when I run dual channel with 2 sticks "Performance mode" on the ram is enabled, but when I fill up all four, "performance Mode" gets disabled. It's still dual channel, but CPU-Z lists the memory "performance mode" as disabled now. What's up with that? It's cut my Sandra bandwith by about 100-200 when I thought adding another 512 (to make a full gig) would help the memory bandwidth. Any tips/suggestions?
I second the reply. On most i875P motherboards, PAT is disabled when all four memory slots are filled. A few motherboards do not disable PAT under this circumstance - but those are few and far between. You'd do better to replace those 4x256MB sticks with 2x512MB sticks.

This is odd for me....? My system, is working with PAT enable and Turbo on, with 4DDR memory :cool:

Actually the system I’m having this problem with is a ABIT IC7-MAX3. I am using the same ram 4 sticks, and it will not do “PAT enable or Game Accel. At Turbo.”

Works great with 2 sticks.

Very possible........ I do have v2.0

I'm just wondering if this is going to be the same thing with Abit IC7-MAX3 boards. It will be a motherboard version update, and not a Bios update. :(

Back