p45 ram questions

Daemas

Gawd
this motherboard

this ram

The RAM is rated at 1.5v but I cannot POST until i volt it to 1.7v and it's not stable at the rated speed until i give it 1.8v. I know the ram is bad because memtest86+ errors are off the charts at 7-7-7-24 1333 but zero errors at 8-8-8-28 1333. But is the voltage a motherboard problem or a ram thing? I couldn't find any literature on google about the memory limitations for minimum memory voltages.

So I'm thinking of RMAing it to GeiL but I have no DDR3 to use in my computer until I get it back. Do either Bestbuy or Microcenter have favorable return policies for used RAM?

thanks in advance guys.

I originally bought my RAM from Microcenter, and it ended up being bad. MY computer ran, but would crash fairly often. Microcenter isn't real close to me, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon, and returned the bad RAM to Microcenter when I got the chance, and they took it back, no questions asked.

turns out the RAM is fine. I updating my Intel Chipset drivers for some other reason and when I went back to trying to fix my ram it worked perfectly. It does 1333 @ 7-7-7-24 @ 1.5v and all the other JEDEC ratings too.

thanks for the advice though.

Back