• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P45 4870 crossfire??

groebuck

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
2,689
Am I doing something wrong? I put in one card, installed the drivers, shut down. Put in the second card. connected the two crossfire bridge thingies - powered it on. It sees there are two cards but no cross fire option in catalyst.

I am running windows 7 and cat 9.6.

[power supply is 750 pc power and cooling silencer
 
Sort of, when I try to double click install the 9.6 drives in win 7 they expand but don't launch the install. I can path to the exe and manually kick off the install. Maybe I will try to do a driver cleaner pro.
 
I think I went through the same thing as you (maybe not) with my 2 4850s in Vista. I would have to switch Xfire bridge slots or the direction of them (so the cards have 2 xfire slots, just move them. or "reverse" the direction of the bridge so the letters are the opposite [upside down]) and then they would work... Super annoying, cuz I would have to do it every time I updated catalyst.
 
I have tried the bridges both ways - is it seriously this hard to get crossfire to work?
 
Start with a clean install of drivers working properly with 1 card. then insert new card with bridge and it should work if the cards are compatible and they are recognized by the driver.


P45 chipset has worked great for me for Xfire.
 
hmm what power supply I am using a pc power and cooling 750 watt silencer which is crossfire approved and does 70A on the 12 v rail...could it be that?
 
hmm yeah so I eliminated that it was the psu - i hooked up an antec 650 just to run the second card and still no crossfire. At this point I think it is the mobo.
 
mystery solved - there are a row of jumpers on the mobo I had to move to enable the second pci-e slot lol...it was under the first card so I never saw them.
 
mystery solved - there are a row of jumpers on the mobo I had to move to enable the second pci-e slot lol...it was under the first card so I never saw them.

Woah.. what board is that? That sounds old school. Most boards now have a Digital Switch for Crossfire/SLI.
 
Back
Top