P4 Xeon 2.8s and Lian Li PC-60?

-=GS=-

Weaksauce
Looking for suggestions

I have recently got my hands on a pair of 2.8 Xeon's with 533fsb and I'm looking for a motherboard that will work with my lian li PC-60. I'm also looking for a relatively quiet PSU. I'm not real concerned with overclocking. My main concern is that the machine is quiet.

PSU: probably an Antec truepower 550 EPS would be good enough. They're rather quiet and it'd be hard to find a more quite one that pushes the same amount of power AND is EPS.

Motherboard: For ATX probably just the Asus PC-DL. If you want PCI-X then you'll probably have to go with a Tyan (they make better boards but hard to get ATX with PCI-X).

One thing i can suggest is water cooling for the cpus as xeon related fans are notorious for being loud, plus water cooling doesnt cost that much these days and is pretty much as safe as air cooling if you follow the instructions :)

I'm leaning towards the NCCH-DL, looks like a nice board. I''ve never thought about water cooling, not sure I want to pursue that route.

I thought you wanted cheapest possible heh.

The NCCH-DL is a better choice than the PC-DL cause it has PCI-X slots and DDr-400 support so i'd get that. You can snap the edges of the PCB off if it doesnt fit in your case heh(seriously)

i did a mod while back, that i mounted one 120mm on both IWT heatsinks,
i just zip tied the corner onto the mounting brackets , one on very top, one on very bottom
cooled it just fine for my 2.4@ 3.2 D1's
and 1.6 LV @ 3.0

ncch-dl = vdimm adjustments in bios
pc-dl = volt mod

Alright well I think I've decided to go with the NCCH-DL, now can anyone recommend a place to purchase one. I usually order all my parts from newegg or monarch. I'm hoping someone has had some good experience with another vender since both of the aforementioned do not carry the NCCH-DL.

-=GS=- said:
never used them before, care to share any expereiences?
ordered lots of stuff from them, never had a problem
they do a great job packaging their hard drives

zipzoomfly is great, i order tons of stuff from them... normally comes in 3 days or so

Back