P4 Volts and Temps

temps should be under 60C but you probably wanna ideally have idel 30 and full load 45 and under. Voltages pushing 1.7+ and you're going to start killing your processor or risking it. But some people play around with 1.9vcore to 2.0...however, I'd say stick to 1.7 and under.
 
Well, I have an Abit IC7-MAX3 and my temps read 52idle and ~65full. I heard Abit reads higher than normal. Is this ok?
 
Volume have about the same temps.

2.53 IT7-Max2 Vet 2 with temps around 50 Idle 63 load. I over clocked it to 2.79 and got load temps of around 70 and it actually worked fine although, I got worried so I brought it down to 2.53 again. So, the temps you have now are normal.
 
Volume said:
Well, I have an Abit IC7-MAX3 and my temps read 52idle and ~65full. I heard Abit reads higher than normal. Is this ok?

seems ok but i would recommend getting better HSF. i had a spark7 before and couldn't stand the noise level. you should get an 7000A-Cu or Al-Cu, low noise and performs just as well. btw, the temps on ur IC7-MAX3 is actually about 10 degrees C lower than what show sin Bios or Abit EQ i believe. so it's like 42 idle and 55 load probably.
 
yourdeardaniel said:
you should get an 7000A-Cu or Al-Cu, low noise and performs just as well
The 7000Alcu is an excellent heatsink. It performs better than all Thermaltake heatinks that I have seen, and is nearly silent. I had a Swiftech MCX4000 w/92mm Tornado and switched to a Zalman. My temps are only 1-2C higher, and I can hear myself talk now. :p
 
Well, it is true that Abit boards report the temps high on average of 5 degrees celcius and even as high as 15 in some cases. So, if your board is off by 5 then I'd say you're on the riskier side of cpu temps. However, you may be fine for a while at those temps, but it's generally a precaution. I think Intel says officially 70C and under is fine before throttling the cpu, but remember a cool cpu is a happy cpu. So, yeah getting a Zalmann should help that temp issue out, but sometimes it's just the cpu, cause that 2.4 should be able to get u quite a bit past 2.7 without hitting the 70C mark, but sometimes certain cpus just wont cut it.
 
my 3.0 is running at 1.75 volts... I would recommend you stay below 1.8 and you're safe...
 
yourdeardaniel said:
seems ok but i would recommend getting better HSF. i had a spark7 before and couldn't stand the noise level. you should get an 7000A-Cu or Al-Cu, low noise and performs just as well. btw, the temps on ur IC7-MAX3 is actually about 10 degrees C lower than what show sin Bios or Abit EQ i believe. so it's like 42 idle and 55 load probably.

I can't stand the noise either. I'll look into 7000A-Cu or Al-Cu.
 
Zeke said:
my 3.0 is running at 1.75 volts... I would recommend you stay below 1.8 and you're safe...

OMG! You need 1.725v to get your 3.0 to 3.5? damn. I have a 3.0c that will do 3.5 at 1.60v...but I can't seem to get above that 3.5mark. POS chip IMO. So I'm using a 2.8C that runs perfectly smooth and stable at 3.7Ghz (265fsb). Plus i can run my crapstix of Geil ram at 1:1 at too. I think the ram can go higher, but my 2.8 seems to crap out at above 265fsb. Going to get some better cooling and maybe that will help.
 
nst6563 said:
OMG! You need 1.725v to get your 3.0 to 3.5? damn. I have a 3.0c that will do 3.5 at 1.60v...


I got mine from 3.0 to 3.5 on stock voltage :D
 
Back
Top