P4 Vapochill SE/PE... motherboard suggestion?

I might be able to get vapo.. but dont see a point. I can hit 3.75 stabily w/ my cpu on watercooling (1.675V). Do you think the vapo will get me further?

I've been thinking about saving up for a Vapo system when I build up my next computer, but there's been one thing that's sort of been bothering me. How long does it take for it to actually turn on? The compressor has to start up first right, and does that take a long time?

You could always hold off a month and get a Prescott 3.0 for the same price, but it's your money :)

Originally posted by Notorious
It takes about a 1.5 to 2.0 minutes for a true cold boot.

Yeah cold start up suck, My trick is just to never turn it off. I've always got F@H running anyway.

Originally posted by Tedinde
Yeah cold start up suck, My trick is just to never turn it off. I've always got F@H running anyway.
Ditto. I hate cold startups.

But it's a small price to pay for nearly 4 GHz operation speed and nearly 7 GB/sec memory bandwidth. ;)

The only reason i switched to a vapo, was the 226watt tec running 24/7 can really keep you up at night!!!

Anyone ever felt how hot the wires going to the tec get. And then thinking how the hell do these little wires hold 24+ amps.

Plus the electric you save with a vapo over a pelt will actually pay for itself in about 3 years of 24/7

Back